Friday, May 22, 2009

Reagan Taylor: A Passion to See Others Discover Christ

Written by Jon-Michael Gwinnell

http://discoverechoranch.com/reagantaylor.aspx



It has been said that the purpose of missions is to create worshippers of God around the world. Reagan Taylor has a desire to do just that. She has a passion for Jesus Christ and a desire for others to know him.

 

Reagan’s motivation for serving at Echo Ranch is simple, “I hope to fall even deeper in love with God and help others do the same. I want to be able to give answers and encouragement to kids who are searching for Truth. More than anything, though, I just want to help kids know how much they're loved.”

 

Reagan grew up in Oklahoma CityOklahoma and is currently attending college at Olivet NazareneUniversity in Bourbonnais, IL. Reagan is the oldest of four and has much experience ministering to her younger siblings and youth of all ages.  I have helped out in children's Sunday school classes and played with kids at the Mother's Day Out program at my home church. I am currently a youth leader in the senior high group at College Church in Bourbonnais.”

 

During the fall of 2007 Olivet held a missions conference and Echo Ranch Bible Camp was in attendance. There were so many opportunities to serve but something about Echo Ranch caught Reagan’s eye. “I visited the booth, got a brochure, and knew I had to go!” This is the first official missions trip that Reagan will have ever been on. What made her choose Echo Ranch? “I would like to serve there because I know it will be the most amazing "God experience" I could ever have. I love working with kids and showing them the love they may have a hard time finding elsewhere. Ever since I discovered the awesomeness of knowing the Lord myself, I have wanted to help others discover it too.”


Only God knows what’s in store for Reagan as she serves at Echo Ranch in 2009. But what can be certain is that it will be a transforming experience. Reagan has plans of being a high school counselor and youth worker. She hopes that this summer in Alaska“will give me further experience with kids of all different backgrounds.” The most important thing is that the young girls of Southeast Alaska hear the gospel and someone showing them the love of Christ. Please pray that the Lord will prepare Reagan’s heart to serve effectively for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment